Saturday, May 18, 2013

Cellphone Frustration

Last month I changed my cell phone carrier to one apparently called ...Searching

Which carrier is best? It's all a matter of need vs. ability, isn't it? If you're an international traveler, you would be silly not to sign with an international carrier. If the coverage is poor around you with certain carriers, it would be ridiculous to choose one of those carriers based on financial incentives.

T-Mobile, presumably to combat all carriers, including Wal-Mart, AT&T and Sprint, has launched a new plan that is not a plan. Really? I know! What does that mean?

As I understand it, there's no contract and you can upgrade your phone whenever you want. Are there strings attached? Yes. You trade in your phone, according to some fairly strict rules. You still have to pay the difference between what T-Mobile gives you for the phone and what they charge for the new one. Is that a better deal? Not in my opinion. T-Mobile offers better pricing on most plans, which should be their advantage. Apparently, it's not working.

Every carrier has their advantages and disadvantages. It's always best to do your homework before choosing. Check coverage, pricing, contract length, customer service quality, etc. There is much to consider before making your choice. There are pros and cons for all of them. 

The thing to definitely avoid is the new taser case for the iPhone. Many people carry their phone in their back pocket. Can you imagine the "shock" of tasing yourself? We make enough so called "butt" calls to realize the potential problems with that. 

I like AT&T. They have always treated me fairly, which is all I ask. Choose wisely. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I just saw a commercial for a new television service. Hmmm...

See you tomorrow. 

The Twisted Musings of a Comedian